Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


What are some of your goals for Richland County?

In the past six years, almost $7 million dollars has been swiped away from Richland County's public schools. I want to focus and fight to bring that money back to our schools to ensure that our children have access to the proper tools to be successful. I will also fight for our educators to ensure that they receive a living wage, and the retirement that they have earned! I want to focus on our working class and create jobs that pay the bills. Fighting back against Right To Work is a big step to protecting our working class. 19,504 People in House District 2 live in poverty. 44,768 People are eligible to receive assistance from food banks in House District 2. In Ohio, people who live at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible to receive food bank benefits. It's time for a voice that won't ignore these numbers and start to work for you! We shouldn't have to punch a time clock for 8 or more hours a day just to go home and worry about how we are going to pay the bills! Richland County deserves better!

What area does House District 2 cover?

All of Richland County.

Am I able to volunteer?

Absolutely! Just fill out the contact us form or the volunteer form.

What exactly does a volunteer do?

You can do as much or as little as you'd like. There are many, many things that we need help with ranging from scheduling, door to door, filling out envelopes, to simply asking for a sign in your yard! We will find something for you!


How do you finance your campaign?

We rely heavily on people like you! We are counting on personal donation to the campaign. If you would like to donate, you can send cash, check or money order to:

The Committee to Elect Lane Winters

54 South Gamble St. Shelby, Oh 44875

Please include your name, phone number, address, and occupation. (Sounds odd but we must file financial reports with the state and those are just things they ask for)



Become a financial volunteer!